Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Little preacher

I was putsing in the kitchen yesterday and heard the boys laughing uproariously (in their baby way), so I went into the hallway to see how Zaria was entertaining them. She had a mini New Testament out and was preaching to the boys:




If you didn't catch what she was saying, it's "Jesus pooped." Xander and Wesley didn't really understand what she was saying, but our little potty trainer has learned that Jesus was fully human when he was born. I've mentioned that Jesus was born as a baby, just like her brothers, which means that he had to have his diaper changed just like any other baby. She's made her own conclusions. It's a nice reminder that God really did have to be subject to all of what makes us humans when he became a man.

Still, I'm trying to teach her an actual verse from the Bible so she doesn't have to make them up the next time she's preaching to her brothers.

3 comments:

K-Dawg said...

Hahaha, that is GREAT! Not so far removed from "Jesus Wept", I guess, but you're right--not an actual verse per se.
How fun to see how your little girl's mind is working.
;)

Ingrid said...

That is so precious!! Loved the preaching, potty talk and johnny jumpers. It looks like lots of fun at your house :) Enjoy, enjoy they grow SO FAST!!

Foxxi said...

Hi Sara! Cute video! I remember how when I was little, my dad told me Jesus was so perfect, he was born potty-trained and he never cried. Now as an adult I suspect that was not true... - Foxx