Sunday, September 6, 2009

Summer winding down

It's been forever since we've blogged, which feels a little strange after I used to do it everyday in my 29thyearinpictures. I felt a whole lot older this year, turning 31.

I'm sad to say we've probably lost a bunch of pictures from about April to August after a computer crash. I'm afraid to even put photos on our computer right now, but Jamin tells me there is space. There were some fun pictures I had from my sister and family visiting in June, my cousin Megan's wedding, and my friend Anne's engagement ceremony that I'm very sad to loose. We have a friend looking at our old hard drive to see if he can recover any of that, but I'm not holding my breath over it.

The kids have had so much growth-- it's exciting to see so much change every day. Xander and Wesley seem to be following a similar path of mobility that Zaria had, which means they only do an army crawl, but they also do it quite fast. Zaria's moving along with potty training. Some days are really good (like today), and some days are really bad (like yesterday). She is an amazing talker for a 2-year-old. After her preaching session I put on here about Jesus pooping, she now knows a couple of actual Bible verses that I've taught her in song. She learns a lot better with songs, just like me. She knows John 14:6 and "Jesus wept," and almost knows Galatians 5:22-23 (the fruit of the Spirit). It's fun for me to go over some of the old verses I learned back in elementary church choir, doing musicals like "J.T. and the Halo Express."

No comments: